Monday, January 24, 2011

The Monday(and tuesday, wednesday, thursday...) Blue's

Is it Friday yet? That used to help me get through the Monday Blue's. After becoming a mommy, and a stay-at-home one at that, "Friday" started to lose its' appeal. What does Friday mean anymore, it's really no different from Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, etc. in the Mommy world. I don't know if anyone else run's into this but some days I can barely remember my own name, let alone the day of the week. So, while sitting in my A&P class today, I started thinking of way's I could learn to combat these blues. If you're like myself, then you love music. Eric Church, the good looking guy he is, can sing any worries of mine away! Sometimes us moms just need a little time to ourselves. After about 3 songs, I've relearned remembered my name and if I'm really lucky, sometimes even the day of the week!




Besides that, I was thinking today while at school, what am I really working towards? I'm not a materialistic person, I don't really have a desire to be a millionaire in this lifetime. Give me my hubby and peanut and well, I'm a happy girl. So why am I going to school? Then it hit me, I cannot Wait to wear these! I realize I'm working towards that proud moment in my life when I can wear these and call myself an RN. It made the hour and 15 minute of my life in A&P this evening seem a little bearable.


Well unfortunately the dishes aren't going to themselves(although I wish) and the peanut's not going to put himself to sleep so it's off I go. Tomorrow's Tuesday( I think!) and it's another day.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, the sacrifices we make now take us one step closer to the things we want in the future.

    ReplyDelete